I have a newly constructed home and the 2nd level is consistently 4 degrees colder in every room. We have had the furnace checked and was told it is not a problem with the furnace. At that time we were told the cold air returns in all the 2nd level bedrooms are not working. They are stumped as to why and are planning on drilling a hole in my floor and sending a camera through to look around. Does this sound reasonable? Would the cold air returns not working cause a problem with keeping the rooms heated? We also are having problems with drafty windows should we be blaming the temp difference on the windows?
If I am understanding correctly the duct size is probably incorrect? And if so how do they fix that - or do I want to know?
The latest fix has been to slow the fan down so that the air would be warmer. They of course have mentioned nothing about the ductwork. I know nothing about heating and cooling. Does this sound logical? I am getting the impression that they really aren't concerned with fixing my problem. Am I being unreasonable in expecting my 2nd level to be the same if not warmer than my 1st level?
heating problems on second floor
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
Oil Furnance - Cycles on/off too much???
Insulating Crawl Space Between Floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight