I have a newly constructed home and the 2nd level is consistently 4 degrees colder in every room. We have had the furnace checked and was told it is not a problem with the furnace. At that time we were told the cold air returns in all the 2nd level bedrooms are not working. They are stumped as to why and are planning on drilling a hole in my floor and sending a camera through to look around. Does this sound reasonable? Would the cold air returns not working cause a problem with keeping the rooms heated? We also are having problems with drafty windows should we be blaming the temp difference on the windows?
If I am understanding correctly the duct size is probably incorrect? And if so how do they fix that - or do I want to know?
The latest fix has been to slow the fan down so that the air would be warmer. They of course have mentioned nothing about the ductwork. I know nothing about heating and cooling. Does this sound logical? I am getting the impression that they really aren't concerned with fixing my problem. Am I being unreasonable in expecting my 2nd level to be the same if not warmer than my 1st level?
heating problems on second floor
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
Oil Furnance - Cycles on/off too much???
Insulating Crawl Space Between Floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers