I have a newly constructed home and the 2nd level is consistently 4 degrees colder in every room. We have had the furnace checked and was told it is not a problem with the furnace. At that time we were told the cold air returns in all the 2nd level bedrooms are not working. They are stumped as to why and are planning on drilling a hole in my floor and sending a camera through to look around. Does this sound reasonable? Would the cold air returns not working cause a problem with keeping the rooms heated? We also are having problems with drafty windows should we be blaming the temp difference on the windows?
If I am understanding correctly the duct size is probably incorrect? And if so how do they fix that - or do I want to know?
The latest fix has been to slow the fan down so that the air would be warmer. They of course have mentioned nothing about the ductwork. I know nothing about heating and cooling. Does this sound logical? I am getting the impression that they really aren't concerned with fixing my problem. Am I being unreasonable in expecting my 2nd level to be the same if not warmer than my 1st level?
heating problems on second floor
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
Oil Furnance - Cycles on/off too much???
Insulating Crawl Space Between Floors
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs