My garage was awash yesterday with water that can only be coming from my electric furnace. I am baffled as to where it came from and why. This is my third winter in this house, we did not have freezing temperatures yesterday, and I could not find any plugged drains or other problems. But, I know very little about furnaces except to change the filters. The furnace is still working fine, but there was a LOT of water in my garage and I need to educate myself on what happened and what I need to do. Any help is appreciated.
Yes, it's a heat pump. Would ice collecting on the coils cause that much water? And, the ice would form why? Due to a problem with the unit? Or is this normal and I should be doing some maintenance? Thanks.
OK, so sounds like a couple of problems here - 1) ice on indoor coil and 2) drainage problem. So, on #2 I should check the drain line again for a clog or some other interference. On #1, if the ice collected due to being stuck in defrost mode, how do I check this? Is there something I can do myself or should I call a pro? Thanks again for your help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes