I am putting in a shed on a very large slope, and have 4x4 posts to hold it up, I have been told it's not going to be strong enough to hold the shed....so here goes the info.....the shed is 12ftx14ft, 2x4 wood contruction with metal siding and roofing. the floor is 2x4 16 inches on center. I dug 3 holes across the back wall 4 feet deep and 5 inches in diameter filled with concrete and put a post anchor in the top, there are 3 4x4's on those post anchors. then every 3 feet from teh back wall to the front wall there are 3 more rows of 4x4 posts (each progessivly shorter than the 1st row) sitting on concrete blocks leveled on 3 inches of gravel.... each post has been stabalized with crossing 2x4's (top to bottom to hold each post from moving left or right fore or aft basically they are all tied to each other. On top of each row of 3 posts will sit a 4x6x14ft board (4 total of for 4 rows) then on top of that the floor will be build out of 2x4 pine. (the joists going opposite of the 4x6 skids) the walls will be 11 ft tall to accomadate a loft. I have no idea what this thing will weigh in at. I think this is plenty strong enough to hold what ever i want to put in the garden shed (lawnmower, garden tools and other storage suff) what are your thoughts???
Identifying a load bearing wall
This is not a load-bearing wall, right?
Is a licensed person needed for load-bearing wall de...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING