I am putting in a shed on a very large slope, and have 4x4 posts to hold it up, I have been told it's not going to be strong enough to hold the shed....so here goes the info.....the shed is 12ftx14ft, 2x4 wood contruction with metal siding and roofing. the floor is 2x4 16 inches on center. I dug 3 holes across the back wall 4 feet deep and 5 inches in diameter filled with concrete and put a post anchor in the top, there are 3 4x4's on those post anchors. then every 3 feet from teh back wall to the front wall there are 3 more rows of 4x4 posts (each progessivly shorter than the 1st row) sitting on concrete blocks leveled on 3 inches of gravel.... each post has been stabalized with crossing 2x4's (top to bottom to hold each post from moving left or right fore or aft basically they are all tied to each other. On top of each row of 3 posts will sit a 4x6x14ft board (4 total of for 4 rows) then on top of that the floor will be build out of 2x4 pine. (the joists going opposite of the 4x6 skids) the walls will be 11 ft tall to accomadate a loft. I have no idea what this thing will weigh in at. I think this is plenty strong enough to hold what ever i want to put in the garden shed (lawnmower, garden tools and other storage suff) what are your thoughts???
Identifying a load bearing wall
This is not a load-bearing wall, right?
Is a licensed person needed for load-bearing wall de...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight