I am putting in a shed on a very large slope, and have 4x4 posts to hold it up, I have been told it's not going to be strong enough to hold the shed....so here goes the info.....the shed is 12ftx14ft, 2x4 wood contruction with metal siding and roofing. the floor is 2x4 16 inches on center. I dug 3 holes across the back wall 4 feet deep and 5 inches in diameter filled with concrete and put a post anchor in the top, there are 3 4x4's on those post anchors. then every 3 feet from teh back wall to the front wall there are 3 more rows of 4x4 posts (each progessivly shorter than the 1st row) sitting on concrete blocks leveled on 3 inches of gravel.... each post has been stabalized with crossing 2x4's (top to bottom to hold each post from moving left or right fore or aft basically they are all tied to each other. On top of each row of 3 posts will sit a 4x6x14ft board (4 total of for 4 rows) then on top of that the floor will be build out of 2x4 pine. (the joists going opposite of the 4x6 skids) the walls will be 11 ft tall to accomadate a loft. I have no idea what this thing will weigh in at. I think this is plenty strong enough to hold what ever i want to put in the garden shed (lawnmower, garden tools and other storage suff) what are your thoughts???
Identifying a load bearing wall
This is not a load-bearing wall, right?
Is a licensed person needed for load-bearing wall de...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips