I don't know what the name of the part is, but the wood beams that go underneath the eaves, I was looking at some of the areas to my place.
I noticed in a couple areas that
1) the end of one beam has been eaten away by something. I pray it's not termites!
2) the end of another beam, the paint has begun to peel away in some areas and the house was painted only a couple years ago.
Any idea what could be causing the wood to be eaten away or the paint starting to peel off?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!