I don't know what the name of the part is, but the wood beams that go underneath the eaves, I was looking at some of the areas to my place.
I noticed in a couple areas that
1) the end of one beam has been eaten away by something. I pray it's not termites!
2) the end of another beam, the paint has begun to peel away in some areas and the house was painted only a couple years ago.
Any idea what could be causing the wood to be eaten away or the paint starting to peel off?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!