I used the A/C for the first time yesterday and opened up the panel to the evaporator coil to take a look at everything.
Above the Evaporator coil there is the airway to the air supply duct (returns cold air to the house, right?). Anyway, in the opening above the coil leading to the duct it looks like there is a filter there covering the airway, and it's covered in dust and gunk.
Can I shut down power to the unit and take a vacuum wand and clear out all of this dust/gunk? And is it common for that airway to get all dirty and dusty? I can't imagine that it's too great having all of that gunk there, since it's blowing air into the house.
Have a good day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects