I used the A/C for the first time yesterday and opened up the panel to the evaporator coil to take a look at everything.
Above the Evaporator coil there is the airway to the air supply duct (returns cold air to the house, right?). Anyway, in the opening above the coil leading to the duct it looks like there is a filter there covering the airway, and it's covered in dust and gunk.
Can I shut down power to the unit and take a vacuum wand and clear out all of this dust/gunk? And is it common for that airway to get all dirty and dusty? I can't imagine that it's too great having all of that gunk there, since it's blowing air into the house.
Have a good day.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers