I used the A/C for the first time yesterday and opened up the panel to the evaporator coil to take a look at everything.
Above the Evaporator coil there is the airway to the air supply duct (returns cold air to the house, right?). Anyway, in the opening above the coil leading to the duct it looks like there is a filter there covering the airway, and it's covered in dust and gunk.
Can I shut down power to the unit and take a vacuum wand and clear out all of this dust/gunk? And is it common for that airway to get all dirty and dusty? I can't imagine that it's too great having all of that gunk there, since it's blowing air into the house.
Have a good day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!