I used the A/C for the first time yesterday and opened up the panel to the evaporator coil to take a look at everything.
Above the Evaporator coil there is the airway to the air supply duct (returns cold air to the house, right?). Anyway, in the opening above the coil leading to the duct it looks like there is a filter there covering the airway, and it's covered in dust and gunk.
Can I shut down power to the unit and take a vacuum wand and clear out all of this dust/gunk? And is it common for that airway to get all dirty and dusty? I can't imagine that it's too great having all of that gunk there, since it's blowing air into the house.
Have a good day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!