Hello All. My family room which is at the back of the house and furthest room away from the HVAC unit always stays a little too warm (summer) and too cold (winter) compared to the rest of the house. Although it might be possible (but difficult) I could possibly put a bigger duct in where it chokes down to make it's final run to the register, I was thinking instead to try one of those inline duct blower fans. Does anyone have experience with these ? Will it make the cool air warmer and hot air cooler ? Will it increase the pressure ?
Next question is wiring it up. you can get some sort of thermostat and plug the fan into that or wire it directly to the fan blower I think. I would rather have it wired up directly to the HVAC units so that it only comes on when they kick on. Is this difficult/possible ?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Heater fan on for over an hour to raise temp one degree
100 yr old house/attic insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight