Hello All. My family room which is at the back of the house and furthest room away from the HVAC unit always stays a little too warm (summer) and too cold (winter) compared to the rest of the house. Although it might be possible (but difficult) I could possibly put a bigger duct in where it chokes down to make it's final run to the register, I was thinking instead to try one of those inline duct blower fans. Does anyone have experience with these ? Will it make the cool air warmer and hot air cooler ? Will it increase the pressure ?
Next question is wiring it up. you can get some sort of thermostat and plug the fan into that or wire it directly to the fan blower I think. I would rather have it wired up directly to the HVAC units so that it only comes on when they kick on. Is this difficult/possible ?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Heater fan on for over an hour to raise temp one degree
100 yr old house/attic insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!