We're planning on building a new home in the NC mountain foothills. Only electric or propane gas is available for hvac. I've always had natural gas, so I don't know the cost or benefits of propane vs. electricity.
The size of the house will be about 3300 sq ft with 3 people occupying it. I know there are propane dealers in the area so refilling shouldn't be a problem. With today's pricing, is there much of a cost difference between propane (gas furnace) vs. electricity (heat pump with heat strips I presume).
Also, what size propane tank would be appropriate? If we had propane, I would use a gas water heater, but the stove/cooktop and clothes dryer may still be electric.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects