We're planning on building a new home in the NC mountain foothills. Only electric or propane gas is available for hvac. I've always had natural gas, so I don't know the cost or benefits of propane vs. electricity.
The size of the house will be about 3300 sq ft with 3 people occupying it. I know there are propane dealers in the area so refilling shouldn't be a problem. With today's pricing, is there much of a cost difference between propane (gas furnace) vs. electricity (heat pump with heat strips I presume).
Also, what size propane tank would be appropriate? If we had propane, I would use a gas water heater, but the stove/cooktop and clothes dryer may still be electric.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers