We're planning on building a new home in the NC mountain foothills. Only electric or propane gas is available for hvac. I've always had natural gas, so I don't know the cost or benefits of propane vs. electricity.
The size of the house will be about 3300 sq ft with 3 people occupying it. I know there are propane dealers in the area so refilling shouldn't be a problem. With today's pricing, is there much of a cost difference between propane (gas furnace) vs. electricity (heat pump with heat strips I presume).
Also, what size propane tank would be appropriate? If we had propane, I would use a gas water heater, but the stove/cooktop and clothes dryer may still be electric.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!