We're planning on building a new home in the NC mountain foothills. Only electric or propane gas is available for hvac. I've always had natural gas, so I don't know the cost or benefits of propane vs. electricity.
The size of the house will be about 3300 sq ft with 3 people occupying it. I know there are propane dealers in the area so refilling shouldn't be a problem. With today's pricing, is there much of a cost difference between propane (gas furnace) vs. electricity (heat pump with heat strips I presume).
Also, what size propane tank would be appropriate? If we had propane, I would use a gas water heater, but the stove/cooktop and clothes dryer may still be electric.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!