Hi! As per previous posts, I am looking to get some spray in insulation, probably http://www.cocooninsulation.com/, to compensate for insufficient insulation in our cape house. I was putting together a list of questions to ask the insulation guys (they are a local company who appear to use the cocoon as their normal insulation method) and was wondering if, from past experience or general know-how, there were other things I should ask. This is for a cape style home in a high wind area with ductless returns.
Q1. What will the work entail?
Q2. Is this a flat charge?
Q3. What is the warranty period? If we still have draftiness, are there additional charges for revisit?
Q4. 2nd floor uses ductless venting and we feel cold air right now. Will this be a problem with the new insulation?
Q5. We feel cold air in areas like wall sockets. Will this be an issue?
Q6. We know that there will be a need to add an access door on the second floor due to the cape design. Will this provide as good an insulation seal as the wall or will we have a concern about leaks around that panel?
Q7. What is the time to complete?
Q8. Will there be a follow up exam to insure proper sealing?
Q9. What about the front side of the house? We saw cold regions there, but it does not have the same sort of access you can get for the back wall section.
Q10. The upstairs bathroom, which is against the back wall, has had pipes freeze before, given the poor insulation in that back wall cavity. Will the insulation completely prevent this?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Stick built vs modular
Looking to replace Furnace & install whole house AC
connecting to city water supply
What needs to be asked?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps