Hi! As per previous posts, I am looking to get some spray in insulation, probably http://www.cocooninsulation.com/, to compensate for insufficient insulation in our cape house. I was putting together a list of questions to ask the insulation guys (they are a local company who appear to use the cocoon as their normal insulation method) and was wondering if, from past experience or general know-how, there were other things I should ask. This is for a cape style home in a high wind area with ductless returns.
Q1. What will the work entail?
Q2. Is this a flat charge?
Q3. What is the warranty period? If we still have draftiness, are there additional charges for revisit?
Q4. 2nd floor uses ductless venting and we feel cold air right now. Will this be a problem with the new insulation?
Q5. We feel cold air in areas like wall sockets. Will this be an issue?
Q6. We know that there will be a need to add an access door on the second floor due to the cape design. Will this provide as good an insulation seal as the wall or will we have a concern about leaks around that panel?
Q7. What is the time to complete?
Q8. Will there be a follow up exam to insure proper sealing?
Q9. What about the front side of the house? We saw cold regions there, but it does not have the same sort of access you can get for the back wall section.
Q10. The upstairs bathroom, which is against the back wall, has had pipes freeze before, given the poor insulation in that back wall cavity. Will the insulation completely prevent this?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Stick built vs modular
Looking to replace Furnace & install whole house AC
connecting to city water supply
What needs to be asked?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers