Hi! As per previous posts, I am looking to get some spray in insulation, probably http://www.cocooninsulation.com/, to compensate for insufficient insulation in our cape house. I was putting together a list of questions to ask the insulation guys (they are a local company who appear to use the cocoon as their normal insulation method) and was wondering if, from past experience or general know-how, there were other things I should ask. This is for a cape style home in a high wind area with ductless returns.
Q1. What will the work entail?
Q2. Is this a flat charge?
Q3. What is the warranty period? If we still have draftiness, are there additional charges for revisit?
Q4. 2nd floor uses ductless venting and we feel cold air right now. Will this be a problem with the new insulation?
Q5. We feel cold air in areas like wall sockets. Will this be an issue?
Q6. We know that there will be a need to add an access door on the second floor due to the cape design. Will this provide as good an insulation seal as the wall or will we have a concern about leaks around that panel?
Q7. What is the time to complete?
Q8. Will there be a follow up exam to insure proper sealing?
Q9. What about the front side of the house? We saw cold regions there, but it does not have the same sort of access you can get for the back wall section.
Q10. The upstairs bathroom, which is against the back wall, has had pipes freeze before, given the poor insulation in that back wall cavity. Will the insulation completely prevent this?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Stick built vs modular
Looking to replace Furnace & install whole house AC
connecting to city water supply
What needs to be asked?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!