I can always hear the water flowing through my hot water baseboard pipes. Half of my condo gets heat, but the other half does not. I suspect I have air trapped in my pipes.
I do not have access to the high points of my pipes because I live in a condo building, so I can't look there for pressure reliefs.
This is what I can see in my furnace in my condo:
City water comes in a splits 1. into furnace, and 2. into hot water heater.
Then, there are two pipes coming out of my furnace.
One of the pipes had a pressure bell then a black knob valve and then goes into the wall.
The other pipe comes out of the furnace and splits in two: 1. to a reducing valve then a backflow preventor and then through a red knob valve. 2. the other branch goes to a red knob spigot and then through the wall.
How can I purge the air with the setup I've got?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!