Prior to my putting a state-of-the-heart heating system of my place last year, the cost of heating the place was sky high.
I just got the latest utility bill today and to my dismay it was much higher than expected-but still not as much as it used to be.
Question: Would putting in a fan with reverse rotation feature help to lower the heating cost-the idea being that the warmed air would be better circulated in the main room and that way the heating system would not have to burn as much fuel?
But would not the cost of running the fan offset any savings by the heating unit not having to work as much?
Newer fans use less power than the light bulbs glowing in them. The fan could help move hot air from the ceiling down. You want it to be on reverse so it suck upward pushing the warm air back down the perimeter of the room. That way you don't feel the evaporative effect of the air circulation. Of course, I could be wrong.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs