Prior to my putting a state-of-the-heart heating system of my place last year, the cost of heating the place was sky high.
I just got the latest utility bill today and to my dismay it was much higher than expected-but still not as much as it used to be.
Question: Would putting in a fan with reverse rotation feature help to lower the heating cost-the idea being that the warmed air would be better circulated in the main room and that way the heating system would not have to burn as much fuel?
But would not the cost of running the fan offset any savings by the heating unit not having to work as much?
Newer fans use less power than the light bulbs glowing in them. The fan could help move hot air from the ceiling down. You want it to be on reverse so it suck upward pushing the warm air back down the perimeter of the room. That way you don't feel the evaporative effect of the air circulation. Of course, I could be wrong.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees