Prior to my putting a state-of-the-heart heating system of my place last year, the cost of heating the place was sky high.
I just got the latest utility bill today and to my dismay it was much higher than expected-but still not as much as it used to be.
Question: Would putting in a fan with reverse rotation feature help to lower the heating cost-the idea being that the warmed air would be better circulated in the main room and that way the heating system would not have to burn as much fuel?
But would not the cost of running the fan offset any savings by the heating unit not having to work as much?
Newer fans use less power than the light bulbs glowing in them. The fan could help move hot air from the ceiling down. You want it to be on reverse so it suck upward pushing the warm air back down the perimeter of the room. That way you don't feel the evaporative effect of the air circulation. Of course, I could be wrong.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps