Prior to my putting a state-of-the-heart heating system of my place last year, the cost of heating the place was sky high.
I just got the latest utility bill today and to my dismay it was much higher than expected-but still not as much as it used to be.
Question: Would putting in a fan with reverse rotation feature help to lower the heating cost-the idea being that the warmed air would be better circulated in the main room and that way the heating system would not have to burn as much fuel?
But would not the cost of running the fan offset any savings by the heating unit not having to work as much?
Newer fans use less power than the light bulbs glowing in them. The fan could help move hot air from the ceiling down. You want it to be on reverse so it suck upward pushing the warm air back down the perimeter of the room. That way you don't feel the evaporative effect of the air circulation. Of course, I could be wrong.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps