Prior to my putting a state-of-the-heart heating system of my place last year, the cost of heating the place was sky high.
I just got the latest utility bill today and to my dismay it was much higher than expected-but still not as much as it used to be.
Question: Would putting in a fan with reverse rotation feature help to lower the heating cost-the idea being that the warmed air would be better circulated in the main room and that way the heating system would not have to burn as much fuel?
But would not the cost of running the fan offset any savings by the heating unit not having to work as much?
Newer fans use less power than the light bulbs glowing in them. The fan could help move hot air from the ceiling down. You want it to be on reverse so it suck upward pushing the warm air back down the perimeter of the room. That way you don't feel the evaporative effect of the air circulation. Of course, I could be wrong.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!