I have question on an intermittent problem with my Goodman Gas Furnace that I hope somebody can help me with.
During the last couple of days the furnace has intermittently stopped working and displayed two separate faults.
The upper blower always comes on and the gas always lights. The problem starts when the lower blower tries to come on. When the lower blower comes on, the upper blower either stops just before or about 5 seconds after and one of two fault lights are displayed on the control board located in the lower assembly.
The first fault is a single blink on the diag light showing that there was an "Ignition problem". The second and far less frequent fault is three blinks on the diag light showing "Pressure switch failure to close" fault.
I had a furnace guy check it out and after five hours of monkeying with it and replacing the flame and vacuum sensors, he came up with nothing more than a bruise on the forehead from banging his head against the wall for so long. He finally left my house with the assumption that the control board may be bad and that I should order a new one.
Here is my dilemma... The furnace worked like a champ from about an hour after he left until some time last night. I was able to get the heat back on after turning the system on and off (seeing the same two faults above) and then finally tapping on the gas regulator assembly.
Could I actually have a gas problem or was this just a coincidence? Hopefully somebody has some experience with this type of furnace. I'm ready to drop the $$ on a new control board but now I'm concerned that I may actually have a gas valve problem.
A cold Navy guy in Bremerton
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs