I have question on an intermittent problem with my Goodman Gas Furnace that I hope somebody can help me with.
During the last couple of days the furnace has intermittently stopped working and displayed two separate faults.
The upper blower always comes on and the gas always lights. The problem starts when the lower blower tries to come on. When the lower blower comes on, the upper blower either stops just before or about 5 seconds after and one of two fault lights are displayed on the control board located in the lower assembly.
The first fault is a single blink on the diag light showing that there was an "Ignition problem". The second and far less frequent fault is three blinks on the diag light showing "Pressure switch failure to close" fault.
I had a furnace guy check it out and after five hours of monkeying with it and replacing the flame and vacuum sensors, he came up with nothing more than a bruise on the forehead from banging his head against the wall for so long. He finally left my house with the assumption that the control board may be bad and that I should order a new one.
Here is my dilemma... The furnace worked like a champ from about an hour after he left until some time last night. I was able to get the heat back on after turning the system on and off (seeing the same two faults above) and then finally tapping on the gas regulator assembly.
Could I actually have a gas problem or was this just a coincidence? Hopefully somebody has some experience with this type of furnace. I'm ready to drop the $$ on a new control board but now I'm concerned that I may actually have a gas valve problem.
A cold Navy guy in Bremerton
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers