I have question on an intermittent problem with my Goodman Gas Furnace that I hope somebody can help me with.
During the last couple of days the furnace has intermittently stopped working and displayed two separate faults.
The upper blower always comes on and the gas always lights. The problem starts when the lower blower tries to come on. When the lower blower comes on, the upper blower either stops just before or about 5 seconds after and one of two fault lights are displayed on the control board located in the lower assembly.
The first fault is a single blink on the diag light showing that there was an "Ignition problem". The second and far less frequent fault is three blinks on the diag light showing "Pressure switch failure to close" fault.
I had a furnace guy check it out and after five hours of monkeying with it and replacing the flame and vacuum sensors, he came up with nothing more than a bruise on the forehead from banging his head against the wall for so long. He finally left my house with the assumption that the control board may be bad and that I should order a new one.
Here is my dilemma... The furnace worked like a champ from about an hour after he left until some time last night. I was able to get the heat back on after turning the system on and off (seeing the same two faults above) and then finally tapping on the gas regulator assembly.
Could I actually have a gas problem or was this just a coincidence? Hopefully somebody has some experience with this type of furnace. I'm ready to drop the $$ on a new control board but now I'm concerned that I may actually have a gas valve problem.
A cold Navy guy in Bremerton
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs