I want to get something that will provide heating and air in one unit, not sure of the best choice. In North Carolina, doesn't usually get below 30 degrees (except for this week!) and above 90 degrees. This is a single story duplex, no existing duct work, so I would be doing both sides. Price is of most consideration because I will have to install 2X!
Here are some initial options I was looking at:
- Heat pump - but I read that they don't get the place really warm? What is the best brand for the money?
- packaged gas/electric systems - do these work well? Price?
- Open to other options I might not know about...
As you can tell I have no experience in this area, need input please!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!