I want to get something that will provide heating and air in one unit, not sure of the best choice. In North Carolina, doesn't usually get below 30 degrees (except for this week!) and above 90 degrees. This is a single story duplex, no existing duct work, so I would be doing both sides. Price is of most consideration because I will have to install 2X!
Here are some initial options I was looking at:
- Heat pump - but I read that they don't get the place really warm? What is the best brand for the money?
- packaged gas/electric systems - do these work well? Price?
- Open to other options I might not know about...
As you can tell I have no experience in this area, need input please!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects