I have old chain length fence posts that I would like to remove and would like recommendations on the best way. Currently there is a privacy fence built right up to the posts so I cannot dig them out. Any suggestions on how to remove and remove slightly below the ground.
I don't know how concerned you are about the area surrounding these posts. We pulled ours out using a winch and a tractor bucket. It didn't tear anything up beyond about a 3' radius of it. If they are set in concrete, it will tear things up a little more and be harder to get out. The winch and tractor bucket worked for us, but the posts were not in our flower beds or lawn. Good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight