Hello I have a oil furnace in my basement and it is in a 15x18 room and I want enclose the furnace and finish the rest of the room. Is it ok to have it enclosed? Assuming there will still be a way to get to it to fix it and clean it etc.
I am going to enclose my furnace and there will be a door on the left of the furnace and a door in front of the furnace. I plan on both of them to be leuver doors (the ones with the slats) 1 will be 30" and the other will be 48" to allow air to flow freely into the furnace area. Will that be sufficent air flow to the furnace or should I install a fan to blow air in or something on those lines.
Coming from someone who has serviced units before, just make sure you provide clearance for service. If you have the installation instructions there, they should have some clearances in there too that you should observe. The louvered doors are a good idea.
Choosing a furnace
Do I want a furnace?
woodstove flue and oil burner chimney, can they be t...
Furnace ducts through a 13" solid brick interior wall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps