Hello I have a oil furnace in my basement and it is in a 15x18 room and I want enclose the furnace and finish the rest of the room. Is it ok to have it enclosed? Assuming there will still be a way to get to it to fix it and clean it etc.
I am going to enclose my furnace and there will be a door on the left of the furnace and a door in front of the furnace. I plan on both of them to be leuver doors (the ones with the slats) 1 will be 30" and the other will be 48" to allow air to flow freely into the furnace area. Will that be sufficent air flow to the furnace or should I install a fan to blow air in or something on those lines.
Coming from someone who has serviced units before, just make sure you provide clearance for service. If you have the installation instructions there, they should have some clearances in there too that you should observe. The louvered doors are a good idea.
Choosing a furnace
Do I want a furnace?
woodstove flue and oil burner chimney, can they be t...
Furnace ducts through a 13" solid brick interior wall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes