Hello I have a oil furnace in my basement and it is in a 15x18 room and I want enclose the furnace and finish the rest of the room. Is it ok to have it enclosed? Assuming there will still be a way to get to it to fix it and clean it etc.
I am going to enclose my furnace and there will be a door on the left of the furnace and a door in front of the furnace. I plan on both of them to be leuver doors (the ones with the slats) 1 will be 30" and the other will be 48" to allow air to flow freely into the furnace area. Will that be sufficent air flow to the furnace or should I install a fan to blow air in or something on those lines.
Coming from someone who has serviced units before, just make sure you provide clearance for service. If you have the installation instructions there, they should have some clearances in there too that you should observe. The louvered doors are a good idea.
Choosing a furnace
Do I want a furnace?
woodstove flue and oil burner chimney, can they be t...
Furnace ducts through a 13" solid brick interior wall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!