Hello I have a oil furnace in my basement and it is in a 15x18 room and I want enclose the furnace and finish the rest of the room. Is it ok to have it enclosed? Assuming there will still be a way to get to it to fix it and clean it etc.
I am going to enclose my furnace and there will be a door on the left of the furnace and a door in front of the furnace. I plan on both of them to be leuver doors (the ones with the slats) 1 will be 30" and the other will be 48" to allow air to flow freely into the furnace area. Will that be sufficent air flow to the furnace or should I install a fan to blow air in or something on those lines.
Coming from someone who has serviced units before, just make sure you provide clearance for service. If you have the installation instructions there, they should have some clearances in there too that you should observe. The louvered doors are a good idea.
Choosing a furnace
Do I want a furnace?
woodstove flue and oil burner chimney, can they be t...
Furnace ducts through a 13" solid brick interior wall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates