Hello I have a oil furnace in my basement and it is in a 15x18 room and I want enclose the furnace and finish the rest of the room. Is it ok to have it enclosed? Assuming there will still be a way to get to it to fix it and clean it etc.
I am going to enclose my furnace and there will be a door on the left of the furnace and a door in front of the furnace. I plan on both of them to be leuver doors (the ones with the slats) 1 will be 30" and the other will be 48" to allow air to flow freely into the furnace area. Will that be sufficent air flow to the furnace or should I install a fan to blow air in or something on those lines.
Coming from someone who has serviced units before, just make sure you provide clearance for service. If you have the installation instructions there, they should have some clearances in there too that you should observe. The louvered doors are a good idea.
Choosing a furnace
Do I want a furnace?
woodstove flue and oil burner chimney, can they be t...
Furnace ducts through a 13" solid brick interior wall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees