I have just invested in a duplex property that has one gas steam boiler. I am familiar with the gas hot water systems. However I have a couple of questions I hope someone could answer.
#1 Should I take out the steam heat and replace with two gas steam heaters? Can I leave the one heater in and just add a second gas steam heater? From what I have read it appears the systems are almost the same with the exception steam is hotter and appear to need more maintenance.
#2 Can I replace the gas steam heat with gas hot water? Other then the controls on the heater can I use the same piping and radiators?
#3 If I install steam boilers do I install it the same way I Would the gas hot water boilers?
Any and all commets appreciated,
BASEBOARD HOT WATER HEATER
Advantages/Disadvantages of Indirect Hot Water Heating
Zones in a hot water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips