I have just invested in a duplex property that has one gas steam boiler. I am familiar with the gas hot water systems. However I have a couple of questions I hope someone could answer.
#1 Should I take out the steam heat and replace with two gas steam heaters? Can I leave the one heater in and just add a second gas steam heater? From what I have read it appears the systems are almost the same with the exception steam is hotter and appear to need more maintenance.
#2 Can I replace the gas steam heat with gas hot water? Other then the controls on the heater can I use the same piping and radiators?
#3 If I install steam boilers do I install it the same way I Would the gas hot water boilers?
Any and all commets appreciated,
BASEBOARD HOT WATER HEATER
Advantages/Disadvantages of Indirect Hot Water Heating
Zones in a hot water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!