I have just invested in a duplex property that has one gas steam boiler. I am familiar with the gas hot water systems. However I have a couple of questions I hope someone could answer.
#1 Should I take out the steam heat and replace with two gas steam heaters? Can I leave the one heater in and just add a second gas steam heater? From what I have read it appears the systems are almost the same with the exception steam is hotter and appear to need more maintenance.
#2 Can I replace the gas steam heat with gas hot water? Other then the controls on the heater can I use the same piping and radiators?
#3 If I install steam boilers do I install it the same way I Would the gas hot water boilers?
Any and all commets appreciated,
BASEBOARD HOT WATER HEATER
Advantages/Disadvantages of Indirect Hot Water Heating
Zones in a hot water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects