I have just invested in a duplex property that has one gas steam boiler. I am familiar with the gas hot water systems. However I have a couple of questions I hope someone could answer.
#1 Should I take out the steam heat and replace with two gas steam heaters? Can I leave the one heater in and just add a second gas steam heater? From what I have read it appears the systems are almost the same with the exception steam is hotter and appear to need more maintenance.
#2 Can I replace the gas steam heat with gas hot water? Other then the controls on the heater can I use the same piping and radiators?
#3 If I install steam boilers do I install it the same way I Would the gas hot water boilers?
Any and all commets appreciated,
BASEBOARD HOT WATER HEATER
Advantages/Disadvantages of Indirect Hot Water Heating
Zones in a hot water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!