I have just invested in a duplex property that has one gas steam boiler. I am familiar with the gas hot water systems. However I have a couple of questions I hope someone could answer.
#1 Should I take out the steam heat and replace with two gas steam heaters? Can I leave the one heater in and just add a second gas steam heater? From what I have read it appears the systems are almost the same with the exception steam is hotter and appear to need more maintenance.
#2 Can I replace the gas steam heat with gas hot water? Other then the controls on the heater can I use the same piping and radiators?
#3 If I install steam boilers do I install it the same way I Would the gas hot water boilers?
Any and all commets appreciated,
BASEBOARD HOT WATER HEATER
Advantages/Disadvantages of Indirect Hot Water Heating
Zones in a hot water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!