On our furnace, I've an Air Bear air cleaner box that uses media air cleaner filters. Big box with baffles (MERV 8, I'm told).
In the interest of reduce, reuse, and recylcle, I'm wondering if a reusable filter might be available for this unit. Especially "electrostatic." Does anyone have a resource to which you might refer me, please?
I should also say I've a parrot who resides over one of the air intake vents in our house, and three ratbags who have the run of the house. Between the considerable amount of dust the bird generates, and the cat hair from the galloping gatos, I've concerns with how much junk the filter can hold before it's time to change it.
I'm far more concerned about keeping my a/c and furnace healthy than I am about filtering allergens, etc.
As always, thanks in advance!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects