My three-family house was equipped almost 30 years ago with American Standard (now out of business) baseboard heat. The baseboard covers are old, dirty, rusty, falling apart, and sometimes missing pieces, especially in my tenants' apartments. They're a real eyesore, but the heat still works, and I'd like to get new covers, endpieces, etc. to make the tenants' units look more cosmetically attractive, since I'm doing the places over (painting, new sanded floors, etc.) and looking to raise the rents for new clients.
Can my plumber replace the covers using "dummy" baseboard units or in some other way that isn't going to break the bank?
Please don't even bother suggesting Overboards or the even more ridiculously priced Radiant Wraps.
I'm beginning to think you're right. Do you have any idea whether or not this is difficult and expensive? I estimated that there are about 170 linear feet of baseboard in the apartment.
Thanks for your quick reply.
Thanks for your quick reply.
You would be crazy not to take a look at these new slip on covers. No tools are required for installation. You simply pop them on. The cool thing is they come with lifetime warranty and free shipping. Take a look!
This last guy is obviously selling this over priced junk. Really, you could buy this kind of screen meshing for two bucks a yard. Rip by all these sellers.
There are a lot of things made cheaply, but you pay more for it for the convenience. If I could build it myself, I wouldn't be searching for a manufacturer.
I had the exact same issue & found a nice site that sells all these cover pieces at reasonable prices. End caps are less than $5
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!