Hello, i have a Coleman Evcon forced air furnace mn#bgm075128. The service light is flashing 7 times, indicating IGNITION LOCKOUT DUE TO RETRIES. I want to repair the furnace without making a service call. Can anyone help me?
Thanks "HK", my furnace is located next to my laundry. I cleaned the sensor with a dollar bill as you suggested and removed the existing dust.The burner remained on as designed. My home will now feel like summer during the coming winter here in Michigan. Thanks Again!!!!
At first I checked my air filter. I didn't think I changed it that long ago, but it was filthy. I was hoping that it was that easy. After changing the filter, the problem still existed. I took the probe out and wiped it off with a paper towel real well and it works!!! Saved me $89 for a service call and probably another $100 for parts and labor! Thanks!
Insulation, draft prevention in our loft
Cold Air Return Noise
Garage Door Opener sticks in cold weather
Craftsman Garage Door Opener problem in cold weather
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!