Hello, i have a Coleman Evcon forced air furnace mn#bgm075128. The service light is flashing 7 times, indicating IGNITION LOCKOUT DUE TO RETRIES. I want to repair the furnace without making a service call. Can anyone help me?
Thanks "HK", my furnace is located next to my laundry. I cleaned the sensor with a dollar bill as you suggested and removed the existing dust.The burner remained on as designed. My home will now feel like summer during the coming winter here in Michigan. Thanks Again!!!!
At first I checked my air filter. I didn't think I changed it that long ago, but it was filthy. I was hoping that it was that easy. After changing the filter, the problem still existed. I took the probe out and wiped it off with a paper towel real well and it works!!! Saved me $89 for a service call and probably another $100 for parts and labor! Thanks!
Insulation, draft prevention in our loft
Cold Air Return Noise
Garage Door Opener sticks in cold weather
Craftsman Garage Door Opener problem in cold weather
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes