I have a York split A/C unit in a condo located in Mexico. I tried to change a mechanical coil type temperature thermostat to a digital type, spending hours to get it to work. I finally realized that the only two wires that were actually hot from the air handler to the mechanical thermostat were 120v and not the 24v that the digital called for.
No more wires can be pulled to the thermostat area as the run is very long from the airhandler to the thermostat and all wires are embedded in walls of concrete.
If I make the change-over, please advise the steps that need to be taken as the stepdown transformer appears to be too simple as the only step.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love