I have a York split A/C unit in a condo located in Mexico. I tried to change a mechanical coil type temperature thermostat to a digital type, spending hours to get it to work. I finally realized that the only two wires that were actually hot from the air handler to the mechanical thermostat were 120v and not the 24v that the digital called for.
No more wires can be pulled to the thermostat area as the run is very long from the airhandler to the thermostat and all wires are embedded in walls of concrete.
If I make the change-over, please advise the steps that need to be taken as the stepdown transformer appears to be too simple as the only step.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!