I have a York split A/C unit in a condo located in Mexico. I tried to change a mechanical coil type temperature thermostat to a digital type, spending hours to get it to work. I finally realized that the only two wires that were actually hot from the air handler to the mechanical thermostat were 120v and not the 24v that the digital called for.
No more wires can be pulled to the thermostat area as the run is very long from the airhandler to the thermostat and all wires are embedded in walls of concrete.
If I make the change-over, please advise the steps that need to be taken as the stepdown transformer appears to be too simple as the only step.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers