I have been using a small, portable dehumidifier in my bathroom during/after taking a shower as an alternative to using the exhaust fan. It appears to be a better solution than venting conditioned air out, except that I have to place the unit on my vanity and have to manually dump the catch bin. I would love to install a permanent, ceiling-mount dehumidifier that is tied to the waste plumbing system, but cannot for the life of me find one. Thoughts/suggestions?
Ah, that explains it. I didn't make the connection because the air in the room stayed warm and had forgotten that it takes power to cool the coil so that the moisture can condense and be removed. I didn't realize that a dehumidifier has a heating coil as well, but since I have baseboard heating in my house, that part is a wash, anyway. Thanks for setting me straight.
Dehumidifiers are better than exhaust fan due to its capability to pure air. There are a lot of portable and mounted dehumidifier in the market. But, after using mounted dehumidifier, it's not so difficult to remove it after one year. Folks can use mounted mini dehumidifier for one year and its simple to shift it into another place.
This is exactly what I need as well. We have a high quality fan but it just doesn't get things dried out fast enough. I expect there are a lot of people with tiled showers who need them to dry out faster in order to prevent mold. There is no room for a big ugly unit to sit on the floor in the bathroom. A ceiling mounted unit would be perfect.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!