There is a continuous drain (24/7)which discharges through one of two pvc drain pipes at the rear of the garage. One Pipe discharges when the A/C is on; the other when the system is on or off.
What's causing this continuous flow and what can be done to stop it, if any?
There is what I beleive to be a part of the a/c unit in my garage attic. It's large box with bellow attached, which could be the ventalation unit. Then, there is a Rheem a/c unit behind garage. finally, there is the Rheem gas furnace in the garage.
the A/C unit appears the be the one that was installed when the house was built in 1990.
there is no known internal leak and the heating and cooling systems works well well.
I've attached a garden hose to the continuous flown pipe for the following reasons: to keep the rear of the garage from being wet; and using the water to water my flower bed toward the front of the house. There is a sound that can be heard when in the bathrooms, which are closest to the garage attic. the sound is similar to that of an opened water tap.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes