There is a continuous drain (24/7)which discharges through one of two pvc drain pipes at the rear of the garage. One Pipe discharges when the A/C is on; the other when the system is on or off.
What's causing this continuous flow and what can be done to stop it, if any?
There is what I beleive to be a part of the a/c unit in my garage attic. It's large box with bellow attached, which could be the ventalation unit. Then, there is a Rheem a/c unit behind garage. finally, there is the Rheem gas furnace in the garage.
the A/C unit appears the be the one that was installed when the house was built in 1990.
there is no known internal leak and the heating and cooling systems works well well.
I've attached a garden hose to the continuous flown pipe for the following reasons: to keep the rear of the garage from being wet; and using the water to water my flower bed toward the front of the house. There is a sound that can be heard when in the bathrooms, which are closest to the garage attic. the sound is similar to that of an opened water tap.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs