There is a continuous drain (24/7)which discharges through one of two pvc drain pipes at the rear of the garage. One Pipe discharges when the A/C is on; the other when the system is on or off.
What's causing this continuous flow and what can be done to stop it, if any?
There is what I beleive to be a part of the a/c unit in my garage attic. It's large box with bellow attached, which could be the ventalation unit. Then, there is a Rheem a/c unit behind garage. finally, there is the Rheem gas furnace in the garage.
the A/C unit appears the be the one that was installed when the house was built in 1990.
there is no known internal leak and the heating and cooling systems works well well.
I've attached a garden hose to the continuous flown pipe for the following reasons: to keep the rear of the garage from being wet; and using the water to water my flower bed toward the front of the house. There is a sound that can be heard when in the bathrooms, which are closest to the garage attic. the sound is similar to that of an opened water tap.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!