There is a continuous drain (24/7)which discharges through one of two pvc drain pipes at the rear of the garage. One Pipe discharges when the A/C is on; the other when the system is on or off.
What's causing this continuous flow and what can be done to stop it, if any?
There is what I beleive to be a part of the a/c unit in my garage attic. It's large box with bellow attached, which could be the ventalation unit. Then, there is a Rheem a/c unit behind garage. finally, there is the Rheem gas furnace in the garage.
the A/C unit appears the be the one that was installed when the house was built in 1990.
there is no known internal leak and the heating and cooling systems works well well.
I've attached a garden hose to the continuous flown pipe for the following reasons: to keep the rear of the garage from being wet; and using the water to water my flower bed toward the front of the house. There is a sound that can be heard when in the bathrooms, which are closest to the garage attic. the sound is similar to that of an opened water tap.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees