There is a continuous drain (24/7)which discharges through one of two pvc drain pipes at the rear of the garage. One Pipe discharges when the A/C is on; the other when the system is on or off.
What's causing this continuous flow and what can be done to stop it, if any?
There is what I beleive to be a part of the a/c unit in my garage attic. It's large box with bellow attached, which could be the ventalation unit. Then, there is a Rheem a/c unit behind garage. finally, there is the Rheem gas furnace in the garage.
the A/C unit appears the be the one that was installed when the house was built in 1990.
there is no known internal leak and the heating and cooling systems works well well.
I've attached a garden hose to the continuous flown pipe for the following reasons: to keep the rear of the garage from being wet; and using the water to water my flower bed toward the front of the house. There is a sound that can be heard when in the bathrooms, which are closest to the garage attic. the sound is similar to that of an opened water tap.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps