Hi all, I've got a problem.
I just had a car restored that used to sit outside all the time.
Now that it looks nice, I wanted to park it in the garage. The problem is, that either the new paint or the smell of the engine (oil and gas), or both, is getting into the house and giving me sinus problems. I've always been sensitive to chemical smells, my wife smells nothing.
I had thought about improving the insulation around the door to the garage, but it occurs to me that the major problem is probably just people opening and closing the door and letting a blast of air in.
I've been thinking about either ventalating the garage in some way. Forced air on a timer or temp sensor. I can't seem to find many (or any) products aimed at this market, which makes me suspicious that it violates Arizona building codes.
I've also thought of punting and putting up some kind of large awning to cover the car outside next to the house. The cover would have to be low profile to keep my neighbors happy.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!