Hi all, I've got a problem.
I just had a car restored that used to sit outside all the time.
Now that it looks nice, I wanted to park it in the garage. The problem is, that either the new paint or the smell of the engine (oil and gas), or both, is getting into the house and giving me sinus problems. I've always been sensitive to chemical smells, my wife smells nothing.
I had thought about improving the insulation around the door to the garage, but it occurs to me that the major problem is probably just people opening and closing the door and letting a blast of air in.
I've been thinking about either ventalating the garage in some way. Forced air on a timer or temp sensor. I can't seem to find many (or any) products aimed at this market, which makes me suspicious that it violates Arizona building codes.
I've also thought of punting and putting up some kind of large awning to cover the car outside next to the house. The cover would have to be low profile to keep my neighbors happy.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love