Hi all, I've got a problem.
I just had a car restored that used to sit outside all the time.
Now that it looks nice, I wanted to park it in the garage. The problem is, that either the new paint or the smell of the engine (oil and gas), or both, is getting into the house and giving me sinus problems. I've always been sensitive to chemical smells, my wife smells nothing.
I had thought about improving the insulation around the door to the garage, but it occurs to me that the major problem is probably just people opening and closing the door and letting a blast of air in.
I've been thinking about either ventalating the garage in some way. Forced air on a timer or temp sensor. I can't seem to find many (or any) products aimed at this market, which makes me suspicious that it violates Arizona building codes.
I've also thought of punting and putting up some kind of large awning to cover the car outside next to the house. The cover would have to be low profile to keep my neighbors happy.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs