Hi all, I've got a problem.
I just had a car restored that used to sit outside all the time.
Now that it looks nice, I wanted to park it in the garage. The problem is, that either the new paint or the smell of the engine (oil and gas), or both, is getting into the house and giving me sinus problems. I've always been sensitive to chemical smells, my wife smells nothing.
I had thought about improving the insulation around the door to the garage, but it occurs to me that the major problem is probably just people opening and closing the door and letting a blast of air in.
I've been thinking about either ventalating the garage in some way. Forced air on a timer or temp sensor. I can't seem to find many (or any) products aimed at this market, which makes me suspicious that it violates Arizona building codes.
I've also thought of punting and putting up some kind of large awning to cover the car outside next to the house. The cover would have to be low profile to keep my neighbors happy.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes