Hi all, I've got a problem.
I just had a car restored that used to sit outside all the time.
Now that it looks nice, I wanted to park it in the garage. The problem is, that either the new paint or the smell of the engine (oil and gas), or both, is getting into the house and giving me sinus problems. I've always been sensitive to chemical smells, my wife smells nothing.
I had thought about improving the insulation around the door to the garage, but it occurs to me that the major problem is probably just people opening and closing the door and letting a blast of air in.
I've been thinking about either ventalating the garage in some way. Forced air on a timer or temp sensor. I can't seem to find many (or any) products aimed at this market, which makes me suspicious that it violates Arizona building codes.
I've also thought of punting and putting up some kind of large awning to cover the car outside next to the house. The cover would have to be low profile to keep my neighbors happy.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps