Hi, we had bought a house last year and we still are'nt in it. we replaced 3 radiators and all the piping from the furnance to all the radiators. we have put an awful lot of money into just the heating, we tried it, the furnance works(which we had to replace alot of the parts) and we started to fill the radiators and we had a couple of leaks, we have worked sooooo hard on just this project alone. we were thinking about replacing just the upstairs radiators with baseboard, can this be done? and how difficult is it to do? we are doing the whole house over, except the 2 bedrooms, we have spent alot of time and money so far and we are all getting frustated, could someone please help? thank you!
what i actually wanted to know is, is it possible to convert the radiators upstairs to baseboard, while leaving the downstairs alone(leaving in radiators)? we ran all copper piping, and as far as we know the one radiator is leaking and instead of replacing the radiator we were just going to convert it to baseboard heat.and how difficult it would be to do this???
Several years ago I converted an old apt building from central space heaters in each unit to an oil fired central hot water boiler in the basement. I used the aluminum finned copper tube basebord rads. A major failure. To get adequate heat I was forced to raise the water temperature to 195 degrees F. I have since begun the conversion to wall mounted cast iron rads in cabinets. I am only half done and yet i have lowered the boiler temp to 150 degrees F. stay away from the finned copper and continue with the cast. If you need sorces of cast iron rads, drop me a line
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!