Hi, we had bought a house last year and we still are'nt in it. we replaced 3 radiators and all the piping from the furnance to all the radiators. we have put an awful lot of money into just the heating, we tried it, the furnance works(which we had to replace alot of the parts) and we started to fill the radiators and we had a couple of leaks, we have worked sooooo hard on just this project alone. we were thinking about replacing just the upstairs radiators with baseboard, can this be done? and how difficult is it to do? we are doing the whole house over, except the 2 bedrooms, we have spent alot of time and money so far and we are all getting frustated, could someone please help? thank you!
what i actually wanted to know is, is it possible to convert the radiators upstairs to baseboard, while leaving the downstairs alone(leaving in radiators)? we ran all copper piping, and as far as we know the one radiator is leaking and instead of replacing the radiator we were just going to convert it to baseboard heat.and how difficult it would be to do this???
Several years ago I converted an old apt building from central space heaters in each unit to an oil fired central hot water boiler in the basement. I used the aluminum finned copper tube basebord rads. A major failure. To get adequate heat I was forced to raise the water temperature to 195 degrees F. I have since begun the conversion to wall mounted cast iron rads in cabinets. I am only half done and yet i have lowered the boiler temp to 150 degrees F. stay away from the finned copper and continue with the cast. If you need sorces of cast iron rads, drop me a line
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes