Hi, we had bought a house last year and we still are'nt in it. we replaced 3 radiators and all the piping from the furnance to all the radiators. we have put an awful lot of money into just the heating, we tried it, the furnance works(which we had to replace alot of the parts) and we started to fill the radiators and we had a couple of leaks, we have worked sooooo hard on just this project alone. we were thinking about replacing just the upstairs radiators with baseboard, can this be done? and how difficult is it to do? we are doing the whole house over, except the 2 bedrooms, we have spent alot of time and money so far and we are all getting frustated, could someone please help? thank you!
what i actually wanted to know is, is it possible to convert the radiators upstairs to baseboard, while leaving the downstairs alone(leaving in radiators)? we ran all copper piping, and as far as we know the one radiator is leaking and instead of replacing the radiator we were just going to convert it to baseboard heat.and how difficult it would be to do this???
Several years ago I converted an old apt building from central space heaters in each unit to an oil fired central hot water boiler in the basement. I used the aluminum finned copper tube basebord rads. A major failure. To get adequate heat I was forced to raise the water temperature to 195 degrees F. I have since begun the conversion to wall mounted cast iron rads in cabinets. I am only half done and yet i have lowered the boiler temp to 150 degrees F. stay away from the finned copper and continue with the cast. If you need sorces of cast iron rads, drop me a line
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight