Hi, we had bought a house last year and we still are'nt in it. we replaced 3 radiators and all the piping from the furnance to all the radiators. we have put an awful lot of money into just the heating, we tried it, the furnance works(which we had to replace alot of the parts) and we started to fill the radiators and we had a couple of leaks, we have worked sooooo hard on just this project alone. we were thinking about replacing just the upstairs radiators with baseboard, can this be done? and how difficult is it to do? we are doing the whole house over, except the 2 bedrooms, we have spent alot of time and money so far and we are all getting frustated, could someone please help? thank you!
what i actually wanted to know is, is it possible to convert the radiators upstairs to baseboard, while leaving the downstairs alone(leaving in radiators)? we ran all copper piping, and as far as we know the one radiator is leaking and instead of replacing the radiator we were just going to convert it to baseboard heat.and how difficult it would be to do this???
Several years ago I converted an old apt building from central space heaters in each unit to an oil fired central hot water boiler in the basement. I used the aluminum finned copper tube basebord rads. A major failure. To get adequate heat I was forced to raise the water temperature to 195 degrees F. I have since begun the conversion to wall mounted cast iron rads in cabinets. I am only half done and yet i have lowered the boiler temp to 150 degrees F. stay away from the finned copper and continue with the cast. If you need sorces of cast iron rads, drop me a line
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!