Federal Airtight Wood Stove.
Please help. I have an approximatley 20 year old Federal Airtight Wood Stove. It works well but has begun leaking air due to mild warping of parts around the windows. The seals aroung the doors and windows have a white fiber cloth material that is mostly intact but I can't tell what it is. Does anyone know if this is asbestos? My home was built in 1989 and the stove was presumably new then. The other information on the box is as follows: Dutchwest India, Ltd., FA224CCL Serial #53741 Tested 8/83. The external box dimensions are 15" depth and 24" width. I would be appreciative of any information you may have or can provide. Attached is a detail photo from recent maintenance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!