Does anyone know if it's safe to have a radiator located inside of kitchen cabinets?
My wife and I are condo hunting and saw a vintage 1920's place yesterday. The owners have moved out and to help sell the unit, just put in new cabinets and appliances in the kitchen. In order to have more cabinet space, they installed cabinets over the radiator as well.
I noticed a vent on the granite counter top and a small amount of heat rising from it, and when I opened the cabinets below, saw the working radiator. The shelves near the radiator were quite hot. The cabinets are brand new wood.
Is this safe? The owners have not lived in the unit since the kitchen was re-done.
Any advice, insight, or suggestions very much welcome!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love