Does anyone know if it's safe to have a radiator located inside of kitchen cabinets?
My wife and I are condo hunting and saw a vintage 1920's place yesterday. The owners have moved out and to help sell the unit, just put in new cabinets and appliances in the kitchen. In order to have more cabinet space, they installed cabinets over the radiator as well.
I noticed a vent on the granite counter top and a small amount of heat rising from it, and when I opened the cabinets below, saw the working radiator. The shelves near the radiator were quite hot. The cabinets are brand new wood.
Is this safe? The owners have not lived in the unit since the kitchen was re-done.
Any advice, insight, or suggestions very much welcome!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs