Does anyone know if it's safe to have a radiator located inside of kitchen cabinets?
My wife and I are condo hunting and saw a vintage 1920's place yesterday. The owners have moved out and to help sell the unit, just put in new cabinets and appliances in the kitchen. In order to have more cabinet space, they installed cabinets over the radiator as well.
I noticed a vent on the granite counter top and a small amount of heat rising from it, and when I opened the cabinets below, saw the working radiator. The shelves near the radiator were quite hot. The cabinets are brand new wood.
Is this safe? The owners have not lived in the unit since the kitchen was re-done.
Any advice, insight, or suggestions very much welcome!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight