I noticed this while I was sitting in my office. There is an air return vent near the ceiling. I felt a draft, and when I looked up at the vent, because that was obviously where the cold air was coming from, I could see (it's time to vacuum the ducts for 1 thing) air blowing out because it was blowing a little 'dust cobweb' outward. It is VERY windy outside today and it is windy here often, hence our expensive heating bills last year. We have an electric heater, if that matters. Also, I went downstairs to take a look at the heater and to change the filter, and notice that there was cool air blowing out of where the filter goes as well. Again, the unit is OFF.
If anyone can tell me how to find where the air might be getting in to the system and/or house at, I would REALLY appreciate it!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!