I noticed this while I was sitting in my office. There is an air return vent near the ceiling. I felt a draft, and when I looked up at the vent, because that was obviously where the cold air was coming from, I could see (it's time to vacuum the ducts for 1 thing) air blowing out because it was blowing a little 'dust cobweb' outward. It is VERY windy outside today and it is windy here often, hence our expensive heating bills last year. We have an electric heater, if that matters. Also, I went downstairs to take a look at the heater and to change the filter, and notice that there was cool air blowing out of where the filter goes as well. Again, the unit is OFF.
If anyone can tell me how to find where the air might be getting in to the system and/or house at, I would REALLY appreciate it!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide