I noticed this while I was sitting in my office. There is an air return vent near the ceiling. I felt a draft, and when I looked up at the vent, because that was obviously where the cold air was coming from, I could see (it's time to vacuum the ducts for 1 thing) air blowing out because it was blowing a little 'dust cobweb' outward. It is VERY windy outside today and it is windy here often, hence our expensive heating bills last year. We have an electric heater, if that matters. Also, I went downstairs to take a look at the heater and to change the filter, and notice that there was cool air blowing out of where the filter goes as well. Again, the unit is OFF.
If anyone can tell me how to find where the air might be getting in to the system and/or house at, I would REALLY appreciate it!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight