I live in a 1978 split level. Finished basement. I have three cold air returns up stairs-one in the livivng room and one each on the two bedrooms. The previous unit I had you couldn't really feel anything blow upstairs but it would really blow downstairs. I thought this was due to the unit "burning out". We got a new 95% furnace with a 3 stage blower, Still upstairs you can't hardly feel anything blow from the registers and that is with shutting all the registers in the basement. No cold air returns in the basement. I am at a loss. I thought with a new furnace we would now feel the air through the vents. Do we need cold air returns in the basement to balance everything? Is our ducting not sufficient? It runs from the furnace horizontal to the end of the house and up to the bedrooms. In the middle of that they cut a hole for a basement bedroom right in the min duct and adjacent to that made a branch right out to the family room in the basement.
i don't think that right.
What type of heating system?
Heating/Cooling System for New Construction in North...
hotel heating and cooling wall unit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!