I live in a 1978 split level. Finished basement. I have three cold air returns up stairs-one in the livivng room and one each on the two bedrooms. The previous unit I had you couldn't really feel anything blow upstairs but it would really blow downstairs. I thought this was due to the unit "burning out". We got a new 95% furnace with a 3 stage blower, Still upstairs you can't hardly feel anything blow from the registers and that is with shutting all the registers in the basement. No cold air returns in the basement. I am at a loss. I thought with a new furnace we would now feel the air through the vents. Do we need cold air returns in the basement to balance everything? Is our ducting not sufficient? It runs from the furnace horizontal to the end of the house and up to the bedrooms. In the middle of that they cut a hole for a basement bedroom right in the min duct and adjacent to that made a branch right out to the family room in the basement.
i don't think that right.
What type of heating system?
Heating/Cooling System for New Construction in North...
hotel heating and cooling wall unit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes