I had professional asbestos removal and they found mold under the molding on the garage side of the room so they removed all the wall paneling just to make sure there was no more - there wasn't. They offered to rebuild and I assumed they would replace the wood paneling with wood paneling.
I have had a bad headache and very stuffy and bloody nose since they put up some of the paneling. It was raining hard when they came out to work and they cut the paneling inside where it was going on the first floor level (multilevel house) and put it up (a little more to go). I went down after they left and looked at the pieces that were not put up as yet and found out it is just GP MDF paneling with urea formaldehyde. The front is just paper.......I could not believe it. I called them up and they said real wood paneling would have cost around $800 more and they knew money is tighter than tight so they got that -- without calling to ask first. Also, it is right outside the bathroom.
I have many allergies and am worried about all the formaldehyde in the dust that is going all over the house. They did HEPA vac the area before they left but I can see some dust here and there on the wall and the floor still has red paper taped all over and I have a central vac and scared to use it as some miniscule dirt gets through the canister in the basement and they had the bathroom door open. OK, the formaldehyde is >0.1 but I looked at the MSDS and they said any cutting or scraping should be done with adequate ventilation or it could be hazardous and with the rain everything was closed up thus no ventilation. They kept the basement door open some of the time also and called me down a few times --where's the fuse box, etc.
Also, they want to fog/mist the whole area with a fogger containing a mold inhibitor with quaternary ammonium chloride when they are done just for good measure even though they got rid of the mold but I am afraid the paper will just peel off and the chemical may even react with the formaldehyde. I wish I had known before they started that it was not wood paneling. I don't even think I can wash it and that area gets very dirty as it is level with the driveway and everything just blows in when you open the door.
In the meantime, I was supposed to go to the ENT on Thursday for a scope of the sinuses as they found a swelling on the CTscan which could be a tumor and I am afraid to go being my sinuses are already full of formaldehyde dust and I think it would be pushed up there. The guys are supposed to finish the work Tuesday nite and that means more dust as it will be dark out and that means sawing in the house again which means more dust for me. How do I get it out of the house. I did have the kitchen door closed while they were working but leave it open as that is the front door we use on that level and the grandkids staying with me are up and down. Am I in trouble?
Thanks for any help.