In the closet is a dual HVAC set:
On top Refrigerant Evaporator
Model BV134 36+X2 BNS25
Below Furnace with blower:
Surelight PCB Model 24L8501
Outside compressor unit:
White/Rodgers Comverge Thermostat:
AC doesn't run.
Thermostat is set to cool at 72 degrees.
Indicated temperature is 82 degrees.
"Power Fail" is flashing in the upper left.
I can turn the blower fan to on, and it works until I turn it off.
When I check the HVAC in the closet, the LEDs on the SureLight board are not flashing. The 2amp circuit breaker above the board is flipped off.
When I reset the circuit breaker:
The two LEDs flash slowly together, starting immediately.
At about 3 seconds, the combustion air blower motor starts and runs for less than two seconds.
The thermostat "power fail" indication goes away, and the set temperature starts to flash.
At five minutes even, the LEDs stay on together for about 2-3 seconds. (times are consistent across 4 tests)
The circuit breaker then trips and the lights go out.
Inside, the thermostat shows "power fail"
There are no indications throughout this period at the outside compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips