In the closet is a dual HVAC set:
On top Refrigerant Evaporator
Model BV134 36+X2 BNS25
Below Furnace with blower:
Surelight PCB Model 24L8501
Outside compressor unit:
White/Rodgers Comverge Thermostat:
AC doesn't run.
Thermostat is set to cool at 72 degrees.
Indicated temperature is 82 degrees.
"Power Fail" is flashing in the upper left.
I can turn the blower fan to on, and it works until I turn it off.
When I check the HVAC in the closet, the LEDs on the SureLight board are not flashing. The 2amp circuit breaker above the board is flipped off.
When I reset the circuit breaker:
The two LEDs flash slowly together, starting immediately.
At about 3 seconds, the combustion air blower motor starts and runs for less than two seconds.
The thermostat "power fail" indication goes away, and the set temperature starts to flash.
At five minutes even, the LEDs stay on together for about 2-3 seconds. (times are consistent across 4 tests)
The circuit breaker then trips and the lights go out.
Inside, the thermostat shows "power fail"
There are no indications throughout this period at the outside compressor.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING