My forced hot air system works fine until it has to heat the house more than 4 degress. It works when you put it on but after a 10 minutes or so it starts to blow cold air. OR after reaching the tempature setting of say 66 degees its keeps running and cold air comes out dropping the temp in the room. If you wait an hours or so then put it back on the whole process starts over again. Heat come on then a after 10 minutes its cold air again.
any idea what this could be.
this is a forced hot air system, the unit is a trane that is 17 years old. it heats the second floor and is in the attic.
If you have an older furnace, and are buying an older home or refinancing- especially wanting to save money - there is a GREAT FHA mortgage program- that replaces your outdated system with a brand new one including a warranty. All with no out of pocket costs!!! Look at this site for information: http://www.eemdirect.com/
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
heat pump question
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love