My forced hot air system works fine until it has to heat the house more than 4 degress. It works when you put it on but after a 10 minutes or so it starts to blow cold air. OR after reaching the tempature setting of say 66 degees its keeps running and cold air comes out dropping the temp in the room. If you wait an hours or so then put it back on the whole process starts over again. Heat come on then a after 10 minutes its cold air again.
any idea what this could be.
this is a forced hot air system, the unit is a trane that is 17 years old. it heats the second floor and is in the attic.
If you have an older furnace, and are buying an older home or refinancing- especially wanting to save money - there is a GREAT FHA mortgage program- that replaces your outdated system with a brand new one including a warranty. All with no out of pocket costs!!! Look at this site for information: http://www.eemdirect.com/
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
heat pump question
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight