I would like to reduce my carbon footprint by installing a geothermal heating/cooling system in my 1897 Victorian. However, I'm having trouble locating a contractor in my area. Also, can a geothermal heatpump be ducted to my one centrally located 3'square floor grate? It seems like it should be able to be, as this (and other similar homes) have been heated by the warm air from this central grate for over 100 years. The home is designed for this type of heat distribution (multiple interior doors, front & back stairs, etc.) We have lived here over 35 years and have never had a problem with heat distribution to all rooms from this one central grate.
Kathy and Bob Barrett
I do believe that a geothermal heatpump can be ducted to one centrally located 3'square floor gate like you were saying. I don't think you will have any complications once you find someone to help you out with it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes