I just put in a new outside porch floor.
Fir wood. I sealed it twice with Thompsons water seal..But am still getting foot marks on the floor. How do I get rid of those foot marks now, and in the future what should I put on the floor to protect from getting these marks in the future.
Is a coat of polyurthane a good idea or not?
These foot print marks are an annoyance.
thank you anybody
Is the floor sticky or tacky as if you apply to much of a product like Thompsons it can do that. If it is sticky or tacky the best way to take care of it is to wipe it down with paint thinner to remove the excess. I would not apply polyurethane on the deck as it will not adhear over the Thompsons and if it did it would be a maintenance nightmare.
New Victorian porch floor - T&G fir or T&G mahogany
Frost protection of footings
Tiling Over Fiberglass On Deck
paver stain on mahogany porch flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects