I just put in a new outside porch floor.
Fir wood. I sealed it twice with Thompsons water seal..But am still getting foot marks on the floor. How do I get rid of those foot marks now, and in the future what should I put on the floor to protect from getting these marks in the future.
Is a coat of polyurthane a good idea or not?
These foot print marks are an annoyance.
thank you anybody
Is the floor sticky or tacky as if you apply to much of a product like Thompsons it can do that. If it is sticky or tacky the best way to take care of it is to wipe it down with paint thinner to remove the excess. I would not apply polyurethane on the deck as it will not adhear over the Thompsons and if it did it would be a maintenance nightmare.
New Victorian porch floor - T&G fir or T&G mahogany
Frost protection of footings
Tiling Over Fiberglass On Deck
paver stain on mahogany porch flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!