I just put in a new outside porch floor.
Fir wood. I sealed it twice with Thompsons water seal..But am still getting foot marks on the floor. How do I get rid of those foot marks now, and in the future what should I put on the floor to protect from getting these marks in the future.
Is a coat of polyurthane a good idea or not?
These foot print marks are an annoyance.
thank you anybody
Is the floor sticky or tacky as if you apply to much of a product like Thompsons it can do that. If it is sticky or tacky the best way to take care of it is to wipe it down with paint thinner to remove the excess. I would not apply polyurethane on the deck as it will not adhear over the Thompsons and if it did it would be a maintenance nightmare.
New Victorian porch floor - T&G fir or T&G mahogany
Frost protection of footings
Tiling Over Fiberglass On Deck
paver stain on mahogany porch flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight