i need instructions or a diagram for"wiring"a 240 volt 5 hp Craftsman air compressor from my shop to the service pole. Also is there anywhere I can buy used Craftsman Tools at a discount?
First off, forget connecting to the service pole. You need to connect to your main box. SAFETY FIRST ! You will have to look at the amperage of the motor and select wire that can carry those amps. If the run is greater than 50 feet you should go up a wire size (heavier). The breaker / fuses will have to be able to support the load. Recommend you have someone approve the diagram before you connect it or better yet you run it and have an electrician hook it up. good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight