i need instructions or a diagram for"wiring"a 240 volt 5 hp Craftsman air compressor from my shop to the service pole. Also is there anywhere I can buy used Craftsman Tools at a discount?
First off, forget connecting to the service pole. You need to connect to your main box. SAFETY FIRST ! You will have to look at the amperage of the motor and select wire that can carry those amps. If the run is greater than 50 feet you should go up a wire size (heavier). The breaker / fuses will have to be able to support the load. Recommend you have someone approve the diagram before you connect it or better yet you run it and have an electrician hook it up. good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!