We are are installing Thomasville cabinetry (standard height). Unfortunately - we did not think of the height of the island until now. The island will be the showpiece of the kitchen and without it being at least 40" high - I don't think iIwill be happy with it. Any ideas on how to raise the height of the island - we are still in the process of building it - the granite has not yet been installed and I'm hoping we can salvage this oversight. My husband is concerned that if we raise the height - we have to be careful to support the large piece(s) of granite that will go on top (111"x99" - with a arch cut out - much like a grand piano). Any suggestions - I would be ever grateful!
How do I secure the kitchen island to porcelain tile...
How to faux paint laminate/formica kitchen counters...
Removable Table Feet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!