We are are installing Thomasville cabinetry (standard height). Unfortunately - we did not think of the height of the island until now. The island will be the showpiece of the kitchen and without it being at least 40" high - I don't think iIwill be happy with it. Any ideas on how to raise the height of the island - we are still in the process of building it - the granite has not yet been installed and I'm hoping we can salvage this oversight. My husband is concerned that if we raise the height - we have to be careful to support the large piece(s) of granite that will go on top (111"x99" - with a arch cut out - much like a grand piano). Any suggestions - I would be ever grateful!
How do I secure the kitchen island to porcelain tile...
How to faux paint laminate/formica kitchen counters...
Removable Table Feet
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING