We are are installing Thomasville cabinetry (standard height). Unfortunately - we did not think of the height of the island until now. The island will be the showpiece of the kitchen and without it being at least 40" high - I don't think iIwill be happy with it. Any ideas on how to raise the height of the island - we are still in the process of building it - the granite has not yet been installed and I'm hoping we can salvage this oversight. My husband is concerned that if we raise the height - we have to be careful to support the large piece(s) of granite that will go on top (111"x99" - with a arch cut out - much like a grand piano). Any suggestions - I would be ever grateful!
How do I secure the kitchen island to porcelain tile...
How to faux paint laminate/formica kitchen counters...
Removable Table Feet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects