Converting 220 to 110
220 volt is nothing but two 110 volt lines. 220 volt is used because it requires less amperage draw so smaller wire and cheaper electrical usage is granted.
All you need to do is to shut off the breaker and remove the red wire from the breaker. The black wire will remain alive and this is what you will connect to your outlet. Since I do not know the amperage, I do not know the size of the wire. You may have difficulty wrapping it around the screw. If this is so you will have to pigtail a 12awg wire to the black and white and ground wire so that it will fit onto the outlet.
KNOW THIS!!!!!!!The breaker will not be for the correct range. It is probably a 30 or 50 amp breaker. If you have to pigtail the 12awg wire onto the existing wire, the circuit now becomes a 20 amp circuit. If you do this, then, for insurance purposes, you should install a 20 amp breaker in its place.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!