Converting 220 to 110
220 volt is nothing but two 110 volt lines. 220 volt is used because it requires less amperage draw so smaller wire and cheaper electrical usage is granted.
All you need to do is to shut off the breaker and remove the red wire from the breaker. The black wire will remain alive and this is what you will connect to your outlet. Since I do not know the amperage, I do not know the size of the wire. You may have difficulty wrapping it around the screw. If this is so you will have to pigtail a 12awg wire to the black and white and ground wire so that it will fit onto the outlet.
KNOW THIS!!!!!!!The breaker will not be for the correct range. It is probably a 30 or 50 amp breaker. If you have to pigtail the 12awg wire onto the existing wire, the circuit now becomes a 20 amp circuit. If you do this, then, for insurance purposes, you should install a 20 amp breaker in its place.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes