Would TWO exhaust fans WORK????
What do y'all think.
The advice you heard is true. They should need separate exhaust hoses. Another issue is the situation when both fans are on. Your existing exhaust pipe may not be sufficient to handle both, so they both become ineffective.
I just had this same experience with my home. I originally combined the two into one exhaust. The new fan came with a one-way valve, so air would not reverse direction, but the old one did not have such a device, so the new fan simply blew into the old one. I later was told that my/your plan is not very healthy.
You could consider just letting the new fan exhaust into your attic. A properly vented attic is supposed to be fine for this, and many newer homes seem to employ this procedure, but it‚Äôs not my preference. I ended up running a new exhaust tube to the outside, and it really was not that much work for me.
3-way switch for (2) ceiling fan lights, 1-way switc...
basement exhaust fans
basement exhaust fans
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY