Would TWO exhaust fans WORK????
What do y'all think.
The advice you heard is true. They should need separate exhaust hoses. Another issue is the situation when both fans are on. Your existing exhaust pipe may not be sufficient to handle both, so they both become ineffective.
I just had this same experience with my home. I originally combined the two into one exhaust. The new fan came with a one-way valve, so air would not reverse direction, but the old one did not have such a device, so the new fan simply blew into the old one. I later was told that my/your plan is not very healthy.
You could consider just letting the new fan exhaust into your attic. A properly vented attic is supposed to be fine for this, and many newer homes seem to employ this procedure, but it‚Äôs not my preference. I ended up running a new exhaust tube to the outside, and it really was not that much work for me.
3-way switch for (2) ceiling fan lights, 1-way switc...
basement exhaust fans
basement exhaust fans
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs