Would TWO exhaust fans WORK????
What do y'all think.
The advice you heard is true. They should need separate exhaust hoses. Another issue is the situation when both fans are on. Your existing exhaust pipe may not be sufficient to handle both, so they both become ineffective.
I just had this same experience with my home. I originally combined the two into one exhaust. The new fan came with a one-way valve, so air would not reverse direction, but the old one did not have such a device, so the new fan simply blew into the old one. I later was told that my/your plan is not very healthy.
You could consider just letting the new fan exhaust into your attic. A properly vented attic is supposed to be fine for this, and many newer homes seem to employ this procedure, but it‚Äôs not my preference. I ended up running a new exhaust tube to the outside, and it really was not that much work for me.
3-way switch for (2) ceiling fan lights, 1-way switc...
basement exhaust fans
basement exhaust fans
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!