Garage Door Opens, but will not close!?!
Each of these units should have a little green light on them. The light on the sender is always on when there is power to the opener, that is, when the opener is plugged in, not just when you try to operate it. The green light indicates it is sending. Now, the receiver, on the other hand, will only have it‚Äôs light on when it is receiving, that is, when it is picking up the signal from the sender.
So‚Ä¶with the opener plugged in, look at each unit. If one of the lights is on but not the other, then you know which one is the sender, the one that‚Äôs has its green light on. You may want to mark it for future reference. Then, you will need to adjust both of them until both lights are on. It‚Äôs not as hard as it sounds. Each unit looks like a small camera, so simply loosen the set-screw of one or both, point the lens of one towards the lens of the other, then re-tighten the set-screws.
Now, if neither one lights up, the problem is a bit more in-depth. Either you have a loose wire, or one of the units is broke. Each one has two wires, and your owner‚Äôs manual will cover their hookup. Check to make sure they are properly hooked up to the opener unit, and that they are not broken anywhere between the opener and the sender or receiver. If that does not work, either the sender of receiver could be bad. At that point you may want to call Sears, or whoever installed the system.
Good luck, and feel free to post the solution or additional questions.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!