Garage Door Opens, but will not close!?!
Each of these units should have a little green light on them. The light on the sender is always on when there is power to the opener, that is, when the opener is plugged in, not just when you try to operate it. The green light indicates it is sending. Now, the receiver, on the other hand, will only have it‚Äôs light on when it is receiving, that is, when it is picking up the signal from the sender.
So‚Ä¶with the opener plugged in, look at each unit. If one of the lights is on but not the other, then you know which one is the sender, the one that‚Äôs has its green light on. You may want to mark it for future reference. Then, you will need to adjust both of them until both lights are on. It‚Äôs not as hard as it sounds. Each unit looks like a small camera, so simply loosen the set-screw of one or both, point the lens of one towards the lens of the other, then re-tighten the set-screws.
Now, if neither one lights up, the problem is a bit more in-depth. Either you have a loose wire, or one of the units is broke. Each one has two wires, and your owner‚Äôs manual will cover their hookup. Check to make sure they are properly hooked up to the opener unit, and that they are not broken anywhere between the opener and the sender or receiver. If that does not work, either the sender of receiver could be bad. At that point you may want to call Sears, or whoever installed the system.
Good luck, and feel free to post the solution or additional questions.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs