Garage Door Opens, but will not close!?!
Each of these units should have a little green light on them. The light on the sender is always on when there is power to the opener, that is, when the opener is plugged in, not just when you try to operate it. The green light indicates it is sending. Now, the receiver, on the other hand, will only have it‚Äôs light on when it is receiving, that is, when it is picking up the signal from the sender.
So‚Ä¶with the opener plugged in, look at each unit. If one of the lights is on but not the other, then you know which one is the sender, the one that‚Äôs has its green light on. You may want to mark it for future reference. Then, you will need to adjust both of them until both lights are on. It‚Äôs not as hard as it sounds. Each unit looks like a small camera, so simply loosen the set-screw of one or both, point the lens of one towards the lens of the other, then re-tighten the set-screws.
Now, if neither one lights up, the problem is a bit more in-depth. Either you have a loose wire, or one of the units is broke. Each one has two wires, and your owner‚Äôs manual will cover their hookup. Check to make sure they are properly hooked up to the opener unit, and that they are not broken anywhere between the opener and the sender or receiver. If that does not work, either the sender of receiver could be bad. At that point you may want to call Sears, or whoever installed the system.
Good luck, and feel free to post the solution or additional questions.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs