I have a 20 Year old home with a post light in the front yard 15 feet from the house and a light on the porch that a 2 gang switch inside the front door controls (the other controls a hall light), there is no power to the post light and I cant find a switch to it. Only two wires to the porch light. No photo cells on the post light or the house. Any ideas on how to find my power supply to the post lightand how to troubleshoot my no power to light problem?
It may be possible, as odd as it sounds, that the light may have been decorative only. It would seem that the only other solution may be to wait until the frost is out of the ground and dig at the base to see if there are any wires that lead to it. It might also be possible that there may be a switch at another entry or from the garage? Good luck in your search.
No power to light switches...
Wiring a switch/receptacle combo on an end run - help!
power just stopped but breaker OK...?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects