I have a 20 Year old home with a post light in the front yard 15 feet from the house and a light on the porch that a 2 gang switch inside the front door controls (the other controls a hall light), there is no power to the post light and I cant find a switch to it. Only two wires to the porch light. No photo cells on the post light or the house. Any ideas on how to find my power supply to the post lightand how to troubleshoot my no power to light problem?
It may be possible, as odd as it sounds, that the light may have been decorative only. It would seem that the only other solution may be to wait until the frost is out of the ground and dig at the base to see if there are any wires that lead to it. It might also be possible that there may be a switch at another entry or from the garage? Good luck in your search.
No power to light switches...
Wiring a switch/receptacle combo on an end run - help!
power just stopped but breaker OK...?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight