I have a 20 Year old home with a post light in the front yard 15 feet from the house and a light on the porch that a 2 gang switch inside the front door controls (the other controls a hall light), there is no power to the post light and I cant find a switch to it. Only two wires to the porch light. No photo cells on the post light or the house. Any ideas on how to find my power supply to the post lightand how to troubleshoot my no power to light problem?
It may be possible, as odd as it sounds, that the light may have been decorative only. It would seem that the only other solution may be to wait until the frost is out of the ground and dig at the base to see if there are any wires that lead to it. It might also be possible that there may be a switch at another entry or from the garage? Good luck in your search.
No power to light switches...
Wiring a switch/receptacle combo on an end run - help!
power just stopped but breaker OK...?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love