Dimming lights and/or faulty breaker etc.
Several months ago the lights in my daughter's room starting dimming irregularly as if there was a power drain. In fact, her computer would reboot itself. One day, all power went out. I went to our breaker box and the 20 amp breaker to her room had not tripped. This breaker was a two pole breaker and the 2nd one was open. I fed the hot wire into the open breaker and power was restored. This led me to believe the breaker was bad. Several weeks later it started to happen again and once again the power shut off without the breaker being tripped. I replaced the 2 pole breaker with a new one and everything seems okay again but I am now wondering if there is a bigger problem. I have looked in the attic at the junction boxes and see no obvious signs of a problem. The wiring in the room is done with 12-2 three wire. She has lots of appliances obviously but I don't think it could be too much for a 20 amp breaker. Even if it was, the breaker should have tripped, not gone bad. Any thoughts ?
I've had a similar problem in my computer room. One day i had the usual amount of items plugged in my surge protector,then i plugged in a lamp. About 5 seconds later the power flickered off in the room i was in and the room next door. I check the breaker but it wasn't tripped. Just wondering if you found a solution to your problem?
It sounds like a bigger problem I cant say for sure what it is so I would recomend you hire an electrician. There are always problems that occur that only experience can fix. Fire is a big danger with faulty wiring dont let this go. I have been an electrician for 10 years and I have seen people wait only to end up having a fire. Not all projects are DIY. Electrical work is not a hoby !
Dimming lights, circuit breakers not tripping. I'm b...
outdoor christmas lights tripping GFI breaker HELP!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects