Upgrading from 15Amp to 20Amp breaker.
I‚Äôm sure you have enough power coming into the house but the receptacle that you have the tanning bed plugged into is know as a ‚ÄúBranch Circuit‚Äù. The appliance or equipment a.k.a. the ‚Äúload‚Äù that you plan to use is what governs the AWG (American Wire Gauge) size of the wire used on this branch circuit. which in turns dictates what size circuit breaker is to be used.
So the answer is NO you just can‚Äôt change the circuit breaker without changing the wire. Please call an electrician and have a dedicated 20amp 115volt 12/2 AWG circuit installed for your tanning bed and make sure the electrician grounds everything.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!