Upgrading from 15Amp to 20Amp breaker.
I‚Äôm sure you have enough power coming into the house but the receptacle that you have the tanning bed plugged into is know as a ‚ÄúBranch Circuit‚Äù. The appliance or equipment a.k.a. the ‚Äúload‚Äù that you plan to use is what governs the AWG (American Wire Gauge) size of the wire used on this branch circuit. which in turns dictates what size circuit breaker is to be used.
So the answer is NO you just can‚Äôt change the circuit breaker without changing the wire. Please call an electrician and have a dedicated 20amp 115volt 12/2 AWG circuit installed for your tanning bed and make sure the electrician grounds everything.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers