Upgrading from 15Amp to 20Amp breaker.
I‚Äôm sure you have enough power coming into the house but the receptacle that you have the tanning bed plugged into is know as a ‚ÄúBranch Circuit‚Äù. The appliance or equipment a.k.a. the ‚Äúload‚Äù that you plan to use is what governs the AWG (American Wire Gauge) size of the wire used on this branch circuit. which in turns dictates what size circuit breaker is to be used.
So the answer is NO you just can‚Äôt change the circuit breaker without changing the wire. Please call an electrician and have a dedicated 20amp 115volt 12/2 AWG circuit installed for your tanning bed and make sure the electrician grounds everything.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects