I would think that there are many people who have this same question, but I have not been able to successfully find an answer!
I have a home that is built with metal studs. I want to put up a shelving system (specifically, the Rakks system www.rakks.com). The shelves are going to be 32" wide by 14' tall. To install them, I need to secure two standards to the wall. The shelves will attach to the standards.
How can I mount the standards securely into the metal studs??? Is it safe to mount shelving to metal studs??
HELP! Thank you!!! Elizabeth
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight