I want to replace 7 lights, all on one circuit, in my house. I have found a light I like that uses a 3-inch cylinder-shaped halogen light bulb. Trouble is, I can't find that style bulb in under 100 watts and I want to use a standard 600-watt max dimmer. Can anyone suggest where to get 50 or 75-watt halogen bulbs in that style? (I have found lower wattage halogens in other shapes - just not 3" in barrel). It's not practical for me to go to another style dimmer because the existing dimmer is "beside" 3 other switches, under the same wall plate.
The other option is a standard size/shape dimmer of higher capacity. Can't find that either. Suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight