Again - Where to find 3 way wiring help
I want to bring power in at a 3 way switch box to feed 5 lights with the other 3 way switch - a dimmer - at the end of the circuit. How do I accomplish this?
assuming all five lights are on same circuit already you need to have power from the source (circuit breaker) go to the FIRST 3way dimmer switch, then through the five lights, then to the LAST 3 way dimmer switch. That way the first and last switch control the lights...must use 3 way dimmers (obviously) and four-wire wire with the extra wire as the "common" line...you may need to rewire the entire circuit with the four-wire--check either Home Depot's DIY book OR Time's DIY book. If I check myself I will post again.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight