Again - Where to find 3 way wiring help
I want to bring power in at a 3 way switch box to feed 5 lights with the other 3 way switch - a dimmer - at the end of the circuit. How do I accomplish this?
assuming all five lights are on same circuit already you need to have power from the source (circuit breaker) go to the FIRST 3way dimmer switch, then through the five lights, then to the LAST 3 way dimmer switch. That way the first and last switch control the lights...must use 3 way dimmers (obviously) and four-wire wire with the extra wire as the "common" line...you may need to rewire the entire circuit with the four-wire--check either Home Depot's DIY book OR Time's DIY book. If I check myself I will post again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!