I installed a new chandelier and dimmer switch. The chandelier houses 24 40w bulbs, so at the reccomendation of the lighting salesman, I bought a 1000W dimmer( plus doing the math it added up!) The light works fine.
However, the dimmer gets hot to the touch. Very hot! I don't think this should happen. I've already thought that I may have gotten a bad dimmer, but I exchanged the dimmer and the same thing continues to happen. What could be causing this? What solutions are there?
Dimmer switch for ceiling fan/light
Light dimmer switch control a speaker?
Help insalling ceiling fan/light to switch with dimmer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!