I installed a new chandelier and dimmer switch. The chandelier houses 24 40w bulbs, so at the reccomendation of the lighting salesman, I bought a 1000W dimmer( plus doing the math it added up!) The light works fine.
However, the dimmer gets hot to the touch. Very hot! I don't think this should happen. I've already thought that I may have gotten a bad dimmer, but I exchanged the dimmer and the same thing continues to happen. What could be causing this? What solutions are there?
Dimmer switch for ceiling fan/light
Light dimmer switch control a speaker?
Help insalling ceiling fan/light to switch with dimmer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!